The Black Star Tour Experience: Part 1
February 16, 2012, Thursday
Cebu – It wasn't exactly a sunny day. At best, there was no rain; at worst, it wasn't raining hard - but I was thankful enough for that. After stuffing my bag with the stuff I need to bring, I headed to my Godsend Debbie's place. And from there, we were on our way to the Smart-Araneta Coliseum to watch Avril Lavigne live in concert. We took a trike and a cab to the Mactan Cebu International Airport for our flight to Manila.
We reached the airport early, and were even able to try out the free internet services on the Smart Bro kiosk (this would mark my first time to use an iPad and a Samsung tablet). Our flight was scheduled to depart at 12nn, and was expected to arrive in Manila an hour later. With this information in mind, we figured out that we would be able to eat lunch at around 2pm yet, so we grabbed some Dunkin Donuts for snacks to fill our stomachs until then.
We were at the waiting area when it was announced that our flight would be delayed by an hour. That meant our flight would now be at 1pm. Our designated aircraft has not yet arrived from General Santos City. So Godsend Debbie and I decided to eat something heavier until the next meal time. We found ourselves back at Dunkin Donuts, this time for some bunwiches.
Some thoughts:
(1) With the weather not being so cooperative, plus an Active Low Pressure Area present in Mindanao a day before, the thought of our flight being cancelled was at the back of my head. When the Cebu Pacific plane from General Santos finally arrived, it was such a relief. I was also reassured with the thought that even flights from Mindanao were not cancelled, so surely they wouldn't be cancelling the Cebu-Manila flight that we would be on.
(2) Now I already have an idea of how The Amazing Race contestants must feel when their flights are delayed. I was already anxious and we were not even in a competition; so how much more if you are racing with other teams!
Boarding time, and we were the first in line for the rear seating. We were probably just excited, or in a hurry; finally, the flight was underway. But excited as we are, our arrival would even be further delayed due to "air traffic congestion" in Manila. We touched down at 3pm at NAIA Terminal 3, after 2 hours on air.
February 16, 2012, Thursday
Cebu – It wasn't exactly a sunny day. At best, there was no rain; at worst, it wasn't raining hard - but I was thankful enough for that. After stuffing my bag with the stuff I need to bring, I headed to my Godsend Debbie's place. And from there, we were on our way to the Smart-Araneta Coliseum to watch Avril Lavigne live in concert. We took a trike and a cab to the Mactan Cebu International Airport for our flight to Manila.
We reached the airport early, and were even able to try out the free internet services on the Smart Bro kiosk (this would mark my first time to use an iPad and a Samsung tablet). Our flight was scheduled to depart at 12nn, and was expected to arrive in Manila an hour later. With this information in mind, we figured out that we would be able to eat lunch at around 2pm yet, so we grabbed some Dunkin Donuts for snacks to fill our stomachs until then.
We were at the waiting area when it was announced that our flight would be delayed by an hour. That meant our flight would now be at 1pm. Our designated aircraft has not yet arrived from General Santos City. So Godsend Debbie and I decided to eat something heavier until the next meal time. We found ourselves back at Dunkin Donuts, this time for some bunwiches.
Some thoughts:
(1) With the weather not being so cooperative, plus an Active Low Pressure Area present in Mindanao a day before, the thought of our flight being cancelled was at the back of my head. When the Cebu Pacific plane from General Santos finally arrived, it was such a relief. I was also reassured with the thought that even flights from Mindanao were not cancelled, so surely they wouldn't be cancelling the Cebu-Manila flight that we would be on.
(2) Now I already have an idea of how The Amazing Race contestants must feel when their flights are delayed. I was already anxious and we were not even in a competition; so how much more if you are racing with other teams!
Boarding time, and we were the first in line for the rear seating. We were probably just excited, or in a hurry; finally, the flight was underway. But excited as we are, our arrival would even be further delayed due to "air traffic congestion" in Manila. We touched down at 3pm at NAIA Terminal 3, after 2 hours on air.
![]() |
| Now, could somebody guess what makes this photo special? |
![]() |
| Flight is delayed! But still, thank you for a safe flight, Cebu Pacific! |
![]() |
| First in line for the rear boarding. Too much in a hurry, eh?! |





No comments:
Post a Comment