The Black Star Tour Experience
For Part 1: The Takeoff and the Touchdown
For Part 2: Journey to the Big Dome
For Part 3: Countdown to the Concert
THE DREAM COMES TRUE
Part 4 of 5
Part 4 of 5
By Godsend Debbie
Seeing how people have to stand and squirm their way among a crowd, I had this negative impression about going to concerts. But experiencing it in the big dome was an entirely different thing especially with a reserved seat.
It was a dream come true for me. I've always wished to watch Avril Lavigne live in concert. After a long time, it happened. So don't forget to wish and dream big like me! But of course I have my Godsend JP to thank for being supportive of me and my dreams. Having him and sharing the wonderful experience made it even more special and memorable.
![]() |
| Avril Lavigne performing, as seen on the coliseum's giant monitors. |
I "patiently" waited for Somedaydream to finish performing. Although he sang the all too familiar "Hey Daydreamer" and it was nice listening to Godsend JP sing along, I couldn’t keep thinking that very soon I would see Avril walk on the stage and get on with her concert! I felt so excited and something else that I can’t quite put my finger on. Perhaps I was nervous too? But none of it mattered much anymore when I saw her, my idol artist for about ten years. I’m finally in the same place she is!
![]() |
| Photo op with Avril. Her poster, that is. ;) |
I was feeling ecstatic and somehow just lost myself into her music when she started singing. Avril really performs well and knows how to make her audience have the feel of it. I even moved to the beat of her music whlie waving the glow stick. It was dark anyway and I just wasn’t able to stop myself from enjoying the moment. I’ve always said this, that listening to her songs cheers me in a way I couldn’t quite explain. Watching and listening at the same time was even more appealing. I was in a happy daze. I used the binoculars from time to time to get a closer look. During that time, my Godsend was more of observing - the crowd, the crew, the concert and probably me. He calls himself the "fan supporter" and I’m just really glad he was there with me. Hoping he’s enjoying too!
Trivia: How many Avril albums/CDs in my possession did Godsend JP buy for me?
Answer: All of them! That’s how supportive he is. Thank you, my Godsend!
![]() |
| Godsend JP after the concert. |
Songs she performed during the concert: "Black Star", "What the Hell", "Sk8er Boi", "He Wasn’t", "I Always Get What I Want", "Alice", "When You’re Gone", "Wish You Were Here", "Girlfriend", "My Happy Ending", "Don’t Tell Me", "Smile", "I’m With You", "I Love You" and "Complicated".
The night was a blast! I’ll always remember it for as long as I live.





No comments:
Post a Comment